The age-old way to learn the art of theater has always been through apprenticeship: a master craftsman takes on an apprentice and mentors him through learning all aspects of his art. Cape Rep’s Internship Program functions in this classic way; intern with us and you’ll be mentored by some incredible artists. Young directors and actors collaborate with our guest directors and our artistic staff, learning from these professionals in the production setting and developing invaluable connections to the larger world of professional theater.
We shape our internship program to the needs of the interns, often offering master classes in acting, summer long directing labs, professional training in stage management and more. Our interns have gone on to direct on our main stages and act in major roles with us. They are working today as professional actors, directors and stage managers across the country and the world.
So…if you have a strong interest in theater and want to be involved in an exciting, active theater on Cape Cod, consider furthering your training with us here at Cape Rep.
- Internships are available in all areas: artistic, technical, administrative.
- Priority is given to interns with local housing.
- Interns may receive a weekly stipend in exchange for 20 hours of work at the theater.
- Interns must be 18 years old, eager and have a great sense of humor.
- We guarantee you a fantastic summer and a step forward in your career!
- If you are interested in an internship outside of the summer months, let us know. We could create a program that is just right for you.
If you are interested in applying, email a letter to us at email@example.com. Describe what you are looking for in an internship, your primary area of interest and attach a resume.